13 Things I Hate About Running
I love running, but as much as I love my sport, there are some days when I lack motivation and I would prefer to complain. Here are some reasons I HATE running sometimes:
1. Nasty feet: Ugly toenails that are black and 3D-shaped, blisters, calluses or just no toenail at all.
2. When I try to snot rocket and it goes down my face or on my shoe.
3. Chafing: armpits, groin....etc.
4. When I pass a man and he tries to race me.
5. Running in really windy conditions so it feels like you're standing still.
6. Tan lines that look like you're still wearing shorts and a sports bra. (This makes wearing a cute sundress or bikini almost impossible.)
7. Doing laundry every couple days because I run twice a day.
8. Running when all I want to do is eat and sleep and stay snuggled under a nice comfy blanket.
9. Being hungry all the time.
10. Getting out of bed in the morning and walking like an old granny because I'm so stiff.
11. GI distress when there are no bathrooms!
12. Getting back into shape, when every run feels like a death march.
13. Feeling like I'm missing out on family vacations because I have to train.
Ok, folks, get it out! Share with me what you hate about running!
—Shalane Flanagan, Record-breaking marathoner